Brushfire allows you to sync your Brushfire attendee data with your MailChimp account. This functionality allows you to view which of your contacts have registered for an event, and if you choose, you can use this feature to add attendees who do not currently attend your church to your MailChimp lists.
Configuring your Organization
Before you can configure an event to sync attendee data with MailChimp, you must first create a MailChimp Integration for your organization. For instructions on how to do this, please read How do I connect my organization with MailChimp?
In order to sync Brushfire with MailChimp, you must have at least one list created in your MailChimp account.
Configuring an Event
Configuration options for syncing an event can be found on the "Integrations" tab of any event’s dashboard page.
1. Select "Integrations" from the edit menu of the event you would like to connect with MailChimp.
2. Choose the edit "pencil" icon to the right of the MailChimp logo to configure your integration.
3. Select your configuration settings. Once you have configured your integration, click "CREATE". Details of the configuration options are shown below the image.
4. Configuration Details
MailChimp syncing automatically runs four times a day, every 6 hours. When a sync runs, it will sync your Brushfire data with MailChimp data based on the sync options you have set up on your configurations page.
The sync will result in the Brushfire contacts being added to a MailChimp list; you may choose an existing MailChimp list in the "Select a MailChimp list" dropdown box, or you may create a new list under "New List Name". If creating a new list, you will be directed to select a template based on an existing MailChimp list.
When syncing with MailChimp, an email from each Brushfire contact will be compared with the email addresses in your MailChimp lists. You may choose to use the Brushfire order email or attendee email for this sync, under the "How should data be synced?" field.
- If matching data is found in MailChimp, the following steps will be taken:
- The existing MailChimp contact will be added to the list that was chosen.
- If you selected "Update existing information with Brushfire data", the MailChimp name, address and phone number will be updated as well.
- If no matching data is found in MailChimp:
- If "Add new attendees to MailChimp" was selected, the new contact will be added your MailChimp list.
- If "Add new attendees to MailChimp" was not selected, no action will be taken.