Brushfire allows you to sync your Brushfire attendee data with your Planning Center Online (PCO) account. This functionality allows you to view which of your contacts have registered for an event, and if you choose, you can use this feature to add attendees who do not currently attend your church to your Planning Center database.
Configuring your Organization
Before you can configure an event to sync attendee data with PCO, you must first create a Planning Center integration for your organization. For instructions on how to do this, please read How do I connect my organization with Planning Center Online?
Configuring an Event
Configuration options for syncing an event can be found on the "Integrations" option of any event’s edit drop-down.
1. Select "Integrations" from the edit menu of the event you would like to connect with Planning Center.
2. Choose the edit "pencil" icon to the right of the Planning Center logo to configure your integration.
3. Select your configuration settings. Once you have configured your integration, click "CREATE". (Details of the configuration options are shown below the image.)
4. Configuration Details
PCO syncing automatically runs four times a day, every 6 hours. When a sync runs, it will sync your Brushfire data with Planning Center data based on the sync options you have set up on your configurations page.
- You must enter a unique "Custom Field Name" for each event integration. This custom field will be added to all synced attendees within Planning Center.
When syncing with PCO, the data from each Brushfire contact will be compared with the first name, last name, and email addresses in your current Planning Center Database. You may choose to use the Brushfire order (single person), order (household) or attendee for this sync, under the "How should data be synced?" field.
If order (single person) or attendee are selected, the following process will occur:
- If matching data is found in Planning Center, the following steps will be taken:
- The existing Planning Center contact will be updated with the data from your custom field, and it will be visible within the Brushfire tab.
- If you selected "Update existing information with Brushfire data", the Planning Center name, address and phone number will be updated as well.
- If no matching data is found in Planning Center:
- If "Add new attendees to PCO" was selected, the new contact will be added to Planning Center, along with your custom field, and the Brushfire tab.
- If "Add new attendees to PCO" was not selected, no action will be taken.
If order (household) is selected in the "How should data be synced?" dropdown, the same actions as above will occur as above, with one modification. All of the attendees in the order will be modified within or added to planning center within one household.