Brushfire allows you to sync your Brushfire attendee data with your HubSpot account. This functionality allows you to view which of your contacts have registered for an event, and if you choose, you can use this feature to add attendees who do not currently attend your church to your HubSpot lists.
Configuring your Organization
Before you can configure an event to sync attendee data with HubSpot, you must first create a HubSpot Integration for your organization. For instructions on how to do this, please read How do I connect my organization with HubSpot?
In order to sync Brushfire with HubSpot, you must have at least one list created in your HubSpot account. Please note: Hubspot will not allow you to see your contact lists or send emails if your Hubspot account is free, only paid accounts can access this functionality.
Configuring an Event
Configuration options for syncing an event can be found on the "Integrations" tab of any event’s dashboard page.
1. Select "Integrations" from the edit menu of the event you would like to connect with HubSpot.
2. Choose the edit "pencil" icon to the right of the HubSpot logo to configure your integration.
3. Select your configuration settings. Once you have configured your integration, click "CREATE". Details of the configuration options are shown below the image.
4. Configuration Details
HubSpot syncing automatically runs four times a day, every 6 hours. When a sync runs, it will sync your Brushfire data with HubSpot data based on the sync options you have set up on your configurations page.
The sync will result in the Brushfire contacts being added to a HubSpot list; you may choose an existing HubSpot list in the "Select a HubSpot list" drop-down box (Fig. 3.1), or you may create a new list under "New List Name", entering the desired list name, and clicking the "CREATE" button on the right.
When syncing with HubSpot, an email from each Brushfire contact will be compared with the email addresses in your HubSpot lists. You may choose to use the Brushfire order email or attendee email for this sync, under the "How should data be synced?" field.
- If matching data is found in HubSpot, the following steps will be taken:
- The existing HubSpot contact will be added to the list that was chosen.
- If you selected "Update existing information with Brushfire data" (Fig. 3.2), the HubSpot name, will be updated as well.
- If no matching data is found in HubSpot :
- If "Add new attendees to HubSpot " was selected (Fig. 3.2), the new contact will be added your HubSpot list.
- If "Add new attendees to HubSpot "(Fig. 3.2) was not selected, no action will be taken.
5. Sync Your Contacts
If you already have data for your event, and you would like to sync manually instead of waiting for the next auto-sync, click the "Stats" tab, and then the "Sync Attendees Now" button. You will then receive stats related to the previous sync.