Brushfire has a very powerful feature that allows you to subscribe to detailed reports so that a copy of the report will automatically arrive in your email inbox on the schedule that you set. Common uses for this include:
- Daily reconciliation with your payment gateway's batch/settlement schedule
- Daily/Weekly updates on event attendance and revenue
This also is a great way to provide updates to people who don't have Brushfire user accounts. Perhaps you have a pastor that doesn't need to remember one more login and password, but he would still like to receive updates on how sales are going for your upcoming conference or concert. You could stop by his office every morning and tell him how things are going or you could schedule a subscription of a specific report -- filtered to show him just what he wants -- that will automatically arrive in his email before he even gets out of bed each morning!
To set up a subscription, follow these simple steps:
- Select the detailed report that you want to run from the dashboard.
- Specify the parameters that will filter the data down to exactly what you want to appear in the report.
- (Optional) Click the blue "Run Report" button to preview the report and make sure it looks right.
- Click the green "Subscribe" button at the top right of the report.
- A new screen will appear and you'll need to specify:
- The email address(es) for who you want this report to go to
- The subject of the email (something helpful for the recipient)
- How you want the report attached (PDF or Excel)
- The days of the week and the time of day for each day you want the report delivered
- The start date for the subscription to begin running (it will default to today)
- The end date for the subscription to stop running (it will default to run forever)
- Additionally, you can still tweak the parameters you set on the previous page, but this step is not necessary if you've already done it on the previous page.
- Click "Save"
Your subscription is now ready to go! To edit or cancel this subscription, select the "Email Scheduling" option on the left side of your dashboard, look for your subscription and change as needed.