Often you will need to update information that an attendee provided. This may be due to them accidentally providing incorrect information or you needing to make some other change on their behalf.
- Go to your event's Manage page.
- On the left-hand side, select "Attendees"
- Select the "Manage" option visible in the attendee overview section.
- You will be taken to a page that lists all the attendees for your event. Current attendees will have a blue "Manage" button on the left. Canceled attendees will have a gray button and will have a line through the name. You can only make changes for current attendees.
- Find the attendee you wish to edit.
- Click the blue "Manage" button next to that attendee and select "Edit information" from the menu that appears.
- A dialog will appear that displays the fields that the attendee provided when registering.
- Simply change any of the fields to the desired values.
- Click the blue "Save" button to apply your changes. If your changes do not result in a financial change, the information will be saved and the attendee's record will be updated with the newly provided information. If your changes do result in a financial change (perhaps adding a lunch or selecting a workshop that has a charge associated with it), you will be presented with options for the new order:
- The billing address and contact information will be pre-filled with the information from the original order. You may change it if necessary.
- If you do not want to send a confirmation email of this change (often helpful for administrative changes that do not require alerting the customer), simply uncheck the box that says "Send email confirmation of this change" below the customer's email address.
- If the original order was made recently with a credit card, it is recommended that you reference the original transaction for a credit (if these changes result in a new charge, you may not be able to do this). This will automatically apply the refund/new charge onto the card that was used without having to re-enter the payment information. If that is not available (fairly common for new charges), you will need to select another payment method to make this change. You can specify credit card information, cash, check, or any other available payment method.
- If you have any notes you'd like to record about this change (these will only be visible to other users and not the customer) you can do so. This is often helpful if the change being made is confusing or if another user needs to follow up on something.
- Once completed, the system will provide you with a green dialog letting you know the payment/refund was processed successfully and now the attendee's record will be updated to reflect the change.
A note about buyer or group fields...
This article has provided instructions about how to edit information that the customer provided for each attendee. If you are collecting custom information for the person who places the order or for the person who creates a group, those fields are stored/edited in other places:
These are stored with the order, so to change them you need to find the original order and then click the "Edit" link at the top of the details page for that order. You can make the necessary changes and then click the "Save" button at the top of the details page for that order (the "Edit" button is replaced with the "Save" button when you switch to edit mode). For more details, check out this article.
These are stored with each group, so to change them you need to edit the group's information and save the changes there.