If your event has one or more ticket/registration types that allow for groups (i.e., they require a minimum quantity of 2 or more), your attendees can create groups when registering. This provides an increased level of functionality for both you (as the event manager) and your attendees.
The attendees can now share a common code (that they create) so that others may join an existing group even if they register separately from the attendee who originally created the group. Additionally, the group manager can log in and make changes for any member of the group. The manager can always see how many people are currently registered in their group and when they show up for the event, the manager can provide a special scan code so that the entire group can be checked-in all at once!
As the event manager, you also get the ability to do some new things for groups. You get all the same functionality that the group manager gets: you can edit any group and see the current settings for that group. Additionally, when setting up your event, you can choose to ask specific questions that only groups will need to answer. This way, the person who creates the group answers these questions once, but the answers they provide will apply to all attendees within that group.
To learn more about how to set up your event to accommodate groups, contact an event expert at Brushfire today.
If your event is already set up to handle groups you can manage them using the following steps.
- Go to your event's Manage page.
- In the left-hand column, select "Groups"
- Select "Manage Groups" on the next page.
- You will be taken to a page that lists all the groups for your event, sorted by Group Name.
- Here you can see, at a glance, the groups, the owners, the passcodes used, and the number of attendees in each group.
- Either find the group for which you want to make a change in the list by scrolling or you can search for any part of their information and click the search button.
- Once you've found the correct group, click the pencil icon to the left of their group name.
- This will bring up a dialog where you can view/edit all the information for this group. Standard information is the name of the group, the email address, and the passcodes to join or manage the group. If you have elected to collect information for each group, those fields will be displayed at the bottom of the form.
- If you are making any changes to the displayed information, click the blue "Save" button and your changes will be saved. If you need to manage the attendees associated with this group, you can click the light-blue "Manage Group Members" button at the bottom and you will be taken to a filtered view of only the attendees that are part of this group.