There are many tools available within Brushfire to allow you to manage and update your data, but sometimes it is necessary to extract the information from Brushfire to load it into another, external system. Brushfire provides several options to download data as a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file that can be opened with any spreadsheet program (such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets).
Note: this is only recommended after your event is complete because if you export while attendees are still signing up, editing their information, or canceling, the data you export will not be aware of those changes.
- Go to your event's Manage page.
- On the left side of the page, under "Tasks" you'll see the following options to extract your data
A brief explanation of the first three options:
- To export a spreadsheet that has a row for each attendee and includes full attendee information as well as any group or order data, click the "Export Full Attendee Data" link.
- To export a spreadsheet that has a row for each order, click the "Export Order Data" link
- To export a spreadsheet that has a row for each group, click the "Export Group Data" link (if your event doesn't allow for groups, you will not see this option)
When clicking any of the above options, a CSV document will be downloaded via your browser's normal download mechanism (for most current browsers, there will be some indication at the top or bottom of your browser that tells you the progress of the file download as well as allowing you to open it when it is downloaded).
If you select the option to "Email Event Data" you will be presented with a dialog wherein you can specify the information to email this export to another person. This is often helpful if the person who will be dealing with this data does not have a Brushfire user account and therefore cannot do this themselves. Fill out the information and click the blue "Send" button to send the data.
Are there other places to export data?
Yes! The methods covered in this article are the most common and most recommended methods for exporting data, but there are actually quite a few other ways to export data from the system. Here are some of them:
- You can export the underlying data for any event-specific report by clicking the "Export" button in the upper right hand corner of the report.
- You can export the data from the order history by clicking the "Export __ Items" button at the bottom of any order history view.
- You can export the data from any detailed report to a PDF or XLSX file using the button in the upper right corner of the report.
- You can export all customer data from the "Customer Data" link on your dashboard when signed in.