There are many tools available within Brushfire to allow you to manage and update your data, but sometimes it is necessary to extract the information from Brushfire to load it into another, external system. Brushfire provides several options to download data as a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file that can be opened with any spreadsheet program (such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets).
Note: this is only recommended after your event is complete because if you export while attendees are still signing up, editing their information, or canceling, the data you export will not be aware of those changes.
- Go to your event's Manage page.
- On the left side of the page, you'll see the following options to extract your data
Attendees, Orders, Groups and Reports.
A brief explanation of the first three options:
- To export a spreadsheet that has a row for each attendee and includes full attendee information as well as any group or order data, click the "Attendees" option and select "EXPORT ATTENDEES" in the next view.
- To export a spreadsheet that has a row for each order, click the "Orders" option and select "EXPORT ORDERS" in the next view.
- To export a spreadsheet that has a row for each group, click the "Groups" option and select "EXPORT GROUPS" (if your event doesn't allow for groups, you will not see this option).
When clicking any of the above options, a CSV document will be downloaded via your browser's normal download mechanism (for most current browsers, there will be some indication at the top or bottom of your browser that tells you the progress of the file download as well as allowing you to open it when it is downloaded).
- You can export or email your attendee details by selecting your preferred method of export in the drop down next to "Full Attendee Details" from the "Reports" option on your Manage Page.
Are there other places to export data?
Yes! The methods covered in this article are the most common and most recommended methods for exporting data, but there are actually quite a few other ways to export data from the system. Here are some of them:
- You can export the underlying data for any event-specific report by clicking the "Export" button in the upper right hand corner of the report.
- You can export the data from the order history by clicking the "Export __ Items" button at the bottom of any order history view.
- You can export the data from any detailed report to a PDF or XLSX file using the button in the upper right corner of the report.
- You can export all customer data from the "Customer Data" link on your dashboard when signed in.