Using the Assignment Tool
The Assignment tool is a great tool that helps you change the field values of attendees in bulk. For instance, you can use this tool to assign children attending your summer camp to cabins, or if you have a breakout session at your conference that was canceled, you can use the assignment tool to move the attendees of that session to a new one.
To use the assignment tool, take the following steps:
- From your event’s manage page, click the “Assign Attendees” link
- In the window that appears, select a field to assign by. This is the field which you will be changing the value of or “assigning” attendees to
- On the screen that appears, there is a bar along the top that will, allow you to change the field to which you are assigning attendees, choose extra information to show per attendee as well as change the order in which they appear and apply filters to limit which attendees you see.
- You should also see a list of unassigned attendees on the left, and on the right, a grid containing a group for each option for the field you selected. These unassigned attendees do not currently have a value for the field you selected.
- To assign these attendees to a field simply click and drag them to where they belong. You can move multiple attendees at once by single clicking on each attendee to highlight it and dragging the group to your desired option.
- If you need to move attendees from one option group to another, you can click the pushpin on any group to expand it and move it out to the left of the screen. You can then drag attendees from that group to any other group.
- To view all of your attendees at a glance, go to the View dropdown near the top right of the page and select “List View”
- In this view, you can move attendees between any group you like. You can also pin a group to the left edge of the screen to make it easier to drag its attendees to another group
PLEASE NOTE: the assignment tool cannot be used to change any options that result in financial changes to an attendee. To make changes like this, you must do them one at a time on the attendee edit page.