Using the Assignment Tool
The Assignment tool is a great tool that helps you change the field values of attendees in bulk. For instance, you can use this tool to assign children attending your summer camp to cabins, or if you have a breakout session at your conference that was canceled, you can use the assignment tool to move the attendees of that session to a new one.
To use the assignment tool, take the following steps:
- From your event’s "Manage" page, click the “Assign Attendees” link
- In the window that appears, in the "Selected Field" drop-down, choose the option you'd like to assign your attendees to.
- On the screen that appears, there are several dropdowns across the top of the page that will allow you to change the field to which you are assigning attendees (Selected Field), choose extra information to show per attendee (Show This Information) as well as change the order in which they appear (Sort By) and apply filters to limit which attendees you see (FILTERS). More information below on these options.
- You will also see a list of unassigned attendees on the left; while on the right, a grid is displayed containing a group for each option for the field you selected. The unassigned attendees on the left do not currently have a value for the field you selected.
- To assign these attendees to a field simply click and drag them to where they belong. You can move multiple attendees at once by single clicking on each attendee to highlight it and dragging the group to your desired option.
- If you need to move attendees from one option group to another, you can click the pushpin on any group to expand it and move it out to the left of the screen. You can then drag attendees from that group to any other group.
- To view all of your attendees at a glance, go to the View drop-down near the top right of the page and select “List View”
- In this view, you can move attendees between any group you like. You can also pin a group to the left edge of the screen to make it easier to drag its attendees to another group
PLEASE NOTE: The assignment tool cannot be used to change any options that result in financial changes to an attendee. To make changes like this, you must do them one at a time on the attendee edit page.
A few notes:
The top of the page has multiple dropdowns that will help you easily switch between cabins, filter the attendees you want to assign, what information you want to see for each attendee when assigning them, and how you want to sort the attendees. Here is how those work:
- The Selected Field drop-down allows you to switch between cabins you want to assign by.
- The Show This Information dropdown bring up a long list of fields with checkboxes next to each. Each one you select will show up underneath the attendees' name when you are assigning them in case you need to see more information to decide which cabin they need to go to.
- The Sort By dropdown allows you to change the way the attendees are sorted in the left column.
- The Filters drop-down allows you to add filters for the attendees you want to appear in the Unassigned column. You can add a filter and select any field from their registration form, or filter by registration option and any other field attached to their registration.
Once you edit any of the drop-down options listed above, click the blue GO button to the right and it will update your list of unassigned attendees or field you’re assigning!