Brushfire's sessions feature allows you to create multiple sessions for event check-in. These sessions let you check your attendees in multiple times for a single event. This way, you can see who attended which days of your event and even who attended which breakout sessions during your event.
Brushfire has three different types of check-in session. All Attendees sessions, Attendee Type session, and Field-based sessions. Each type of session has a different method for selecting who is allowed to check in to those sessions.
- All Attendees - This is the simplest type of session. This will include all attendees for this event.
- Attendee Type - Attendee Type sessions only allow attendees with tickets of a certain type to check in. This type of session is good for managing check-in to satellite events like meet and greets or VIP banquets where people have to have bought a specific type of ticket to get in.
- Field-Based - Field-based sessions only allow attendees who selected a certain option for one of the attendee fields you required them to fill out at check-in. This type of session can be used to check people into breakout sessions at a conference.
Creating a Session
To create check-in sessions, take the following steps:
1. From your event's dashboard page, click the "Check-in Options" tab
2. You will see that your event already has a session called "Main Event Checkin." This is the only session that most people will need. It is a basic session that will allow you to check all of your attendees into your event once.
3. If you need to add a session, click the "Add Session" button. You will see a row get added to the table listing your sessions. From here you can select a type of session and decide the correct options for your new session.
Note: Incomplete Attendees are attendees who do not have all required attendee fields completed, for example if you added required fields after registration launched, or if you imported names and email addresses of attendees into your event.