This article details the process for sending event-specific emails. If you would like to send an email to people across multiple events or your entire organization, please see How do I send emails to my customers?
Sending Event Emails
Brushfire allows you to send emails to anyone attending your event, and it also allows you to customize these emails based on the data you have collected for your attendees. This tool is great for sending updates and important information about your event to the people attending it. To send an event email, take the following steps:
1. From your event's manage page, click "Create New Email" in the Emails section.
2. Next, select who you would like to send this email to. You may send this email to every attendee for your event, everyone who placed an order for your event, or everyone who created a group for your event.
3. You may now select which email address you would like to send this to. For attendees, each option in this list corresponds to an email field that you are collecting for your event's attendees.
4. You may also filter your email's recipients based on any attendee data you have collected.
5. Next, you need to fill out the sender information. The From Name is the name that will appear in the From line of the email, and the Reply To Address will be the email address that replies to this email will be sent to. The address information will be added as a footer to your email. This information is required by law for any mass emails sent out over the internet.
6. Now, you should specify the content of your email.
Basic - The Basic email does most of the design work for you allowing you to focus on content. This type of email will allow you to select a banner image for your email header from your Media Gallery. It also automatically creates the required footer with your address information and unsubscribe link. The content you specify will be placed between the generated header and footer
7. Event level emails also give you the option to customize your email based on any attendee information you have collected. On the right side of the page, you will find a list of all of the fields you are collecting for your event, you can place any of these field names between "%%" (i.e. "%%Name (First)%%") to replace that text with the value each attendee has supplied for that field. This allows you to make your emails feel more personal by including information specific to each attendee.
8. At this point, you have the option to view a preview of the email in a new window or send a preview email to any email address.
9. Last, you select when the email should be sent. You can save it as a draft, which will save the email but not send it, you can send the email as soon as you save it, or you can schedule the email to be sent at a future time.