Reactions can be toggled on or off by viewers using the "bell" icon.
- Navigate to your Content Edit Dashboard
- Click on the Option Menu icon to edit the features associated with the Content.
- Enable Chat
- Click Save
Three options are listed on the Engagement edit option for each piece of content.
- The first checkbox means people can read the chat (but not send messages) without signing in.
- The second checkbox means people are required to supply a username, but not an email address when choosing to participate in Chat.
- The third checkbox allows users to send direct messages to other users.
The providers we support for chat sign in are listed on your Settings page, and can be turned off if you do not want to enable logging into chat using Google or Facebook. Note that Chat user names and avatars are pulled from these accounts if a chat user signs in with a Facebook or Google account.
Launch Chat Host Panel
- Click the Options Menu
- Select Host Panel
Chat and Host Chat
The Host Panel is accessed by Admin Users and Chat Host Users. On the right hand side, chat users can view the video content and engage in the public chat feed.
Host Chat allows hosts to share internal communications between chat hosts or admin users not visible to the public.
Responding to One-On-One Chat Requests
Live chat is a great complement to live broadcasts and simulated live broadcast events and a great way to stay connected and engaged with your community.
Starting a One-on-One Chat with a Viewer
A host can start a one-on-one chat with a viewer at any time by hovering over their chat icon. When it turns to messaging bubble they can click and it will automatically open a one-on-one chat.
The conversation will appear in the space previously occupied by Host Chat in the Host Panel.
The Chat host can use the Option Menu icon to access different options related to the one-on-one chat such as mute, block, transfer to another chat host and close.
Interactions are a great way to engage with attendees in the Chat window. You create interactions under Content - Interactions. You can create as many interactions as you'd like!
Ideas for Interactions:
- Sending promo codes or other offers for discounts on merchandise
- Sending links to Pre-Register for your next event
- Asking a question to gain real-time feedback from your audience
Pro Tip - You can create interactions in real time but we recommend creating them prior to your event start.
Adding a link for your audience to initiate one-on-one chat with a host
Chat requests will be appear in the Chat Host Panel during a broadcast.