For information on creating codes that hide special registration options, take a look at How do I create Access Codes for my events?
About Promo Codes
- Promotion codes are applied at checkout to discount a registrations or tickets in the attendee cart. You can create promo codes that are entered manually or auto apply.
- Promotion Code usage and redemption can be tracked via the Promotions report on the Event Manage Reporting Dashboard and the Detailed Reporting Tab in your Organization Dashboard.
- Configure promotion codes to apply when an order matches conditions set in the promo code creator.
Create Promo Codes
Access the Dashboard when signed in with your administrator username and password by clicking on the menu icon in the top left of your screen.
Once in the Dashboard navigate to Promotion Codes.
- Create Standard Promotion
Create a promotion code that your customers can use at checkout to apply discounts to their purchases.
- Create Template Promotion
Create a template code that can be used to create multiple promotion codes dynamically.
- E.G. When needing to create 50x $10 off One-Time use promotion codes. These templates will not be available for customers to use on purchases. This has to be done before creating Dynamic or Multiple Codes with the same configuration.
- Create Dynamic Promotion
Quickly create batches of unique codes based on a template you have created. You'll be able to specify a Prefix and the system will generate random or sequential promotion codes you can distribute. You also have the option to upload a list of Codes with Descriptions if you have an existing list of codes you would like to make available for use on your Brushfire Event(s).
Next you can build your code using Presets or the Use Custom Values option in the Promotion Code Builder.
Creating A Standard Promo Code
- Code - Name of the Promo Code
- Group - Promotion Groups allow you to apply multiple promotions with one code.
- Description - Always provide a description so you and other team members know what the code is for.
- Settings - Choose a preset or select Use Custom Values. Complete the required parameter for the chosen preset. For Custom Values see below.
- Usage Settings - "This is a one time code" will only allow ONE attendee to use the promo code.
Pro Tip - After saving your Promo Code click the edit icon to reveal Availability, Requirements & Relations Settings!
- Qualifications - Select your event then the registrant/attendee type the code applies to. You can add multiple events to the same promo code.
NOTE: Incorrectly set up promotion codes could result in unintended loss of revenue if not tested properly. Contact Brushfire for more help!
Once you have picked your preset, you can choose the event and registration type(s) for which attendees can redeem this code.
Test The Promo Code
After successfully creating your Promotion Code, test it by adding the relevant registration option to your cart, clicking on the cart icon on the top right or your page and apply your promotion code in the provided space. The Promotions Box will not appear if there are no valid promotions configured for items in the cart.
Below you can see the view as your customers would see it.
Once the Promotion is applied you will see the discount calculated.
Below you can see the Admin View of the cart as you would see it.
Placing the order would finalize the transaction.
Please Note: If your event uses both promo codes and access codes, be sure to specify where the code you provide needs to be entered. Access Codes are entered on the event registration page to Unlock hidden registration options and Promotion Codes are added to calculate and apply discounts at checkout.